Our Plan for Keeping Our Church Clean
Why We Work Together to Do This?
As a community, we pray about the "beauty of Thy house" during liturgy, and we want to take good care of this beautiful house God has given us. We don't hire a housekeeper or have a sexton to do our "dirty work" for us, so young and old are encouraged to join in cleaning.
How It Works
Cleaning Tasks to Choose From
Please email Lizzy with questions or to volunteer or be on the waiting list. (Currently, any task with a name after the number is taken.)
1. Empty trash and recycling from the two nave baskets (by nave entry doors), office, bathrooms, and Sunday school rooms. Put new liners in cans as needed. (Liners are on the shelves in the Fellowship Hall.)
2. (Padaths) Dust all furnishings, and remove cobwebs (especially along door frames, icons stands, and corners).
3. (Padaths) Shake and/or vacuum rugs, and sweep narthex floor. (Mop as needed.)
4. Sweep front porch and steps.
5. Spot-clean windows in narthex, lower entry door, Sanjoy’s classroom door (off narthex), office door, and fellowship hall doors.
6. (Maria) Dust office and sweep/clean office floor as needed.
7. Clean sinks, mirrors, and counters/shelf in both bathrooms.
8. Clean toilets in both bathrooms.
9. (Rene and Brian) Sweep and/or mop (as needed) bathroom floors.
10. Replenish bathroom supplies.
11. (Abuissas) Vacuum carpet on two flights from narthex to Fellowship Hall as well as entryway/landing.
12. (Lizzy) Vacuum downstairs hallway.
13. (Abuissas) Vacuum rugs.
14. (Maria) Dust windowsills and furnishings.
15. Sweep floor of nave, taking care to sweep or vacuum up the blessed bread crumbs on and near the solea, around the pillar on which the bowl of bread set during Liturgy. Dispose of all debris from vacuum cleaner and dustpan in the black “burn can." (Ask Father or an altar server to get the can for you.)
Vestry and Choir Room
16. (Karen) General cleaning and take out trash.